Instituto Motolinía, was founded in 1918 and named after the missionary friar Toribio de Benavente, since the Indians called him Motolinía (the poorest). He dedicated his work to educate and evangelize natives of the New Spain colony.
Over the years the institute has expanded throughout various parts of Mexico and Latin America, such as: Mexico City, Xalapa, Montemorelos, Monterrey, Poza Rica, Irapuato, Comacalco, Oaxaca and Brazil.
In Monterrey, Instituto Motolinía was founded on October 12, 1944, in response to the request of prominent businessmen and entrepreneurs made to our founders, Mother Dolores Echeverría and Father Edmundo Iturbide.
Our institute has provided different levels of education, Kindergarten and Preschool started at 1954, Elementary School since 1958, and Jr. High since 1964. We are a private school that offers academic excellence, with innovative and international approach that promotes values, habits and attitudes development, inspired by Jesus the Priest, making our baptismal priesthood alive.
In 2003, our institute opened a new campus in Cumbres at Monterrey, founded with the original concept of Mother Lolita, always pursuing academic excellence, wholesome education, modern facilities, teachers committed with students formation; achieving an international vision, working with new technologies and proficient pedagogical strategies.